Re: [O] Passing font size to exported LaTeX table

From: Nick Dokos
Subject: Re: [O] Passing font size to exported LaTeX table
Date: Tue, 24 May 2011 16:06:46 -0400

John Hendy <address@hidden> wrote:

>     The opening brace on the \scriptsize line confuses the exporter and it
>     leaves the table alone. Adding a commented-out closing brace unconfuses
>     it.
>
>     Nick
>
>     Footnotes:
>
>     [fn:1] Maybe I should add it to the FAQ?
>
> Perhaps -- the tough things is that an issue with braces is not what I
> would have expected the problem was. I thought I just wasn't combining
> things right or that the org exporter was making something like this
> impossible based on how it parsed the text. In any case, yes, it would
> be cool to have in public written somewhere. Thanks!

The best debugging technique I can suggest here is to export to LaTeX
and then look at the .tex file. It's usually clear what broke, who is
responsible and, often, how to fix it.

In this case, the org table looked untouched by the exporter, but when I
got rid of the ``\scriptsize {'', the table was properly exported.

Nick