Re: [O] some kind of bisect tool

From: Bernt Hansen
Subject: Re: [O] some kind of bisect tool
Date: Wed, 25 May 2011 18:20:32 -0400

Samuel Wales <address@hidden> writes:

> Hi Bernt,
>
> My proposal is for an Emacs command, not a shell script.  The command
> would load source for org-mode each time and provide a command that
> the user can use to provide feedback to git interactively.  It should
> ideally not depend on Magit.  It should work in Emacs 22 and later
> versions.

Hi Samuel,

This sounds more complicated.  If you go back in time to when variables
weren't created yet your current emacs session will have those already
defined (from the later commit you were on).  I don't know how (or if)
you can clean up the current emacs state without a restart in that case.

The few times I've used git bisect run with Emacs org-mode I've used a
script with some lisp code to test the conditions in a minimal emacs
setup which is safely reproducible.

Trying to reuse the current session with an org-reload probably won't
work well for the general case.

> By the way, I am having trouble loading source with c-u c-c c-x ! .  I
> notice that some commands, such as m-s-right, are still compiled.

I have no idea what is going on here.

> I also notice that org-crypt.el does not load when I go to dired, mark
> all .el, and load all marked files.  It says (void-function daemonp) .
>  That might or might not be the reason c-u c-c c-x ! fails silently.
> There might be other issues.
>
> Emacs 22.  Later versions of Emacs do not work on my computer.

Ugh.  Sounds painful. (Sorry)

Regards,
Bernt