Re: [O] org-beamer feaure request : single frame background

From: suvayu ali
Subject: Re: [O] org-beamer feaure request : single frame background
Date: Thu, 26 May 2011 11:15:12 -0700

I see the limitation of my suggestion one now. I guess the only way is
option two then.

On Thu, May 26, 2011 at 3:08 AM, Sander Boer <address@hidden> wrote:
> I think it it possible to write a function that prepends
> "{\myfunction..etc "  and appends "}" to the frame environment.
> For the time being a property like "BEAMER_BG: myfile.jpg" could be
> harvested and transformed into:
>
> {
> \setbeamertemplate{background canvas}{
>        \includegraphics[width=\paperwidth]{./myfile.jpg}
>
> \begin{frame}
> \end{frame}
>  }
>
> The latex code could be a bit more elaborate and the image placement
> attributes need some automagic, but as a proof of concept, this will do.
>
> I do think I need a little help with this though, as I have no clue
> about org's inner workings.
> But let's take it one step at a time, like how does one harvest the
> "BEAMER_BG: myfile.jpg" property ?

This page from the manual might help you.

http://orgmode.org/manual/Using-the-property-API.html#Using-the-property-API

A combination of getting the properties with the property API and
adding your own function in the post export hook might be the easiest
solution here.

> sndr

Good luck, and do post back to the list if you find a solution, I
would be interested.

--
Suvayu