Re: [O] HTML Syntax Highlighting Questions

From: Jambunathan K
Subject: Re: [O] HTML Syntax Highlighting Questions
Date: Mon, 30 May 2011 08:50:14 +0530

Avdi Grimm <address@hidden> writes:

> On Sun, May 29, 2011 at 9:32 PM, Jambunathan K <address@hidden> wrote:
>> Let me guess - It is either htmlize not being in your load path during
>> the batch run or font lock being not being explicity turned on during
>> the batch run or font-locking simply not making sense during batch
>> mode. Ultimately htmlize or for that matter htmlfontify seem to depend
>> on the fontification done by the fontification engine.
>
> Hm. Bonus question, then: source code highlighting via Pygments works
> great with LaTeX export and the "minted" package. How hard would it be
> to use Pygments instead of htmlize/htmlfontify for HTML-exported
> syntax highlighting?
>
> ...and who do I need to buy beer for to make this happen, since I
> don't have time to do it myself?

May be you could buy yourself a beer.

AFAICS, htmlize generates the css based on face attributes. I am sure
you could improve the results by customizing your face definitions -
font-lock-keyword-face, font-lock-comment-face etc etc.

As someone who is authoring a book you requirements could be
stringent. May be you use latex for producing book digitally and html
for getting the word out and striving to have similar visual effects on
both the mediums.

Jambunathan K.