Re: [O] Links and visual-line-mode

From: Scott Randby
Subject: Re: [O] Links and visual-line-mode
Date: Fri, 03 Jun 2011 10:24:41 -0400

On 06/02/2011 04:20 PM, Sebastien Vauban wrote:
> Hi all,

> Just on that one point, a trick read in "Emacs Lisp programming" IIRC:
>
> #+begin_src emacs-lisp
>       ;; rebind `C-x C-b'
>       (global-set-key (kbd "C-x C-b") 'buffer-menu)
>       ;; `buffer-menu' moves point in the window which lists your buffers
> #+end_src

Thanks for this. I've never wanted to eliminate all pop-up windows, and
this allows me to keep them and have C-x C-b work like I want it to
work. Emacs, org-mode, and the org-mode community are the best!

This is off-topic and it is certainly not new to long-time users of
Emacs, but I found the following discussion of the buffer menu on
EmacsWiki to be most enlightening.

http://www.emacswiki.org/emacs/BufferMenu

Scott