Re: [O] Academic Reference Workflows and recommendation of Bibdesk

From: Matt Lundin
Subject: Re: [O] Academic Reference Workflows and recommendation of Bibdesk
Date: Sat, 04 Jun 2011 09:15:05 -0400

Chao LU <address@hidden> writes:

> First of all it's free, open resource. Its database file is just an
> bibtex file, so all the records is in plain text, even the thumbnails
> are stored inside this bibtex file. like below,
>
> I do think that BibDesk has great features to investigate, such as
> create the record from the bibtex and embed the picture inside the
> bibtex itself.

Eric Schulte recently added some nice features to org-bibtex.el that
allow for easy entry of bibliographical data in an org file (and export
to bibtex). For instance, one can now import bibtex fields as org
properties.

> Maybe we could also use the *.org as a database file and develop a
> framework to have our entries displayed in more intuitive way, maybe
> by using smart group, tag(keywords).

Would a sparse tree or tags view suffice here, or do you have something
else in mind?

Best,
Matt