Re: [O] Google weather

From: Ian Barton
Subject: Re: [O] Google weather
Date: Tue, 07 Jun 2011 13:14:31 +0100

> I am trying to use the google weather in Org-mode for the first time,
> but I am always getting a 443 error when I evaluate something like
>
> (org-google-weather "Amsterdam")
>
> I am not sure where to look for what might causing this - any pointers would
> be

It looks as though google-weather is trying to use ssl to contact
Google. It shouldn't need to do this, as the weather site it accessible
via port 80.

Try pasting the following url's into your browser:

http://www.google.co.uk/ig/api?weather=Amsterdam&hl=en-gb
https://www.google.co.uk/ig/api?weather=Amsterdam&hl=en-gb

You will need to replace google.co.uk with whatever the url is for
Netherlands. You should get an wml page with the weather forecast. If
that is working it rules out any problems with proxy servers and ssl.

Best wishes,

Ian.