Re: [O] installing the OpenDocumentText Exporter

From: Jambunathan K
Subject: Re: [O] installing the OpenDocumentText Exporter
Date: Mon, 13 Jun 2011 09:51:43 +0530

Julian Burgos <address@hidden> writes:

> Apologies for the basic question.  I need some help installing the
> OpenDocumentText Exporter using the ELPA (package manager).  I´ve
> added the org-odt repository by adding this to my .emacs file:
>
> (setq package-archives '(("ELPA" . "http://tromey.com/elpa/";)
>                          ("gnu" . "http://elpa.gnu.org/packages/";)
>                                                 ("org-odt" .
> "http://repo.or.cz/w/org-mode/org-jambu.git/blob_plain/HEAD:/packages/";)
>                                                ))
>
> but the OpenDocumentText Exporter does not show up in the list of
> available packages.  What I am missing?

I am not sure what the problem could be at your end. Does the
archive-contents get downloaded succesfully? Are you able to see
packages from the other repos?

Does the package manager report any problems in the *Messages* buffer.

I ran M-x list-packages with the settings that you have. I see that
archive-contents file is getting succesfully downloaded.

I see the following line in the *Packages* buffer.

  org-odt            20110519     available  OpenDocumentText exporter for
Orgmode

I see following lines in the *Messages* buffer:

Contacting host: tromey.com:80
Reading [text/plain]... 11k of 11k (100%)
Reading... done.
Saving file c:/Documents and Settings/kjambunathan/My Documents/My
Data/.emacs.d/elpa/archives/ELPA/archive-contents...
Wrote c:/Documents and Settings/kjambunathan/My Documents/My
Data/.emacs.d/elpa/archives/ELPA/archive-contents

Contacting host: elpa.gnu.org:80
Reading [text/plain]... 738 bytes of 726 bytes (102%)
Reading... done.
Saving file c:/Documents and Settings/kjambunathan/My Documents/My
Data/.emacs.d/elpa/archives/gnu/archive-contents...
Wrote c:/Documents and Settings/kjambunathan/My Documents/My
Data/.emacs.d/elpa/archives/gnu/archive-contents

Contacting host: repo.or.cz:80
Saving file c:/Documents and Settings/kjambunathan/My Documents/My
Data/.emacs.d/elpa/archives/org-odt/archive-contents...