[O] how to escape org markup?

From: Steven Haryanto
Subject: [O] how to escape org markup?
Date: Thu, 16 Jun 2011 22:36:33 +0700

Hi all,

I need to insert bits of plain text into a final composite Org document. The text should be protected from any Org formatting (for example, "* " at the beginning of a line should not be interpreted as a headline). Is enclosing it with #+BEGIN_SRC/#+END_SRC or #+BEGIN_EXAMPLE/#+END_EXAMPLE the correct way? I'm thinking yes, but my Emacs still interprets the "* " as headline though.

--
sh