Re: [O] Subtasks are blocked in todo-items of ordered projects. Bug?

From: Bernt Hansen
Subject: Re: [O] Subtasks are blocked in todo-items of ordered projects. Bug?
Date: Mon, 20 Jun 2011 19:37:29 -0400

Marcel van der Boom <address@hidden> writes:

> Hi all,
>
> I've run into an annoyance wrt the :ORDERED: property and the blocking
> of tasks due to it.
>
> Here is the minimal usecase:
>
> ---
> * TODO Project like header, containing subtasks
>   :PROPERTIES:
>   :ORDERED:  t
>   :END:
> ** TODO This item is the first to be done in the project
>    This one is not blocked, as I expect.

ok

> ** TODO Next task with subtasks
>    This is blocked by the sibling above, which is what I expect

ok

> *** TODO Subtask of a blocked sibling.
>     This seems to be blocked and I can't understand why. Marking it DONE
> would not mark the parent
>     done (neither explicit nor implicit). Why is it blocked then? Bug?

This is blocked until you mark the first level 2 TASK as DONE.  The
entire subtree is blocked by the previous incomplete task.

> *** TODO Second item in the blocked
>     This is also blocked, which could be right, because the parent
>     project has an ordered property and the sibling above is not yet
>     complete.
> ---
>
> Should the first task in a subproject of a project
> having the ':ORDERED:' property set to true be blocked from marking
> 'DONE'? If so, why?

I think the answer is yes it should be blocked because the entire tree
is blocked - the previous task needs to be DONE first.  When the subtree
is unblocked you can then complete the first task in the subtree.

-Bernt

--
Bernt