[O] org-mode 7.5, save-excursion does not work in tables

From: Uwe Brauer
Subject: [O] org-mode 7.5, save-excursion does not work in tables
Date: Thu, 23 Jun 2011 11:29:16 +0200

Hello

I want a simple function which allows me to insert a new row
before I wrap a region. (Because otherwise rows which
already contain information get disordered.)

Like

(defun my-org-wrap-cell ()
  (interactive)
  (save-excursion
        (progn
          (org-table-insert-row 1)
          (org-table-wrap-region nil))))

However the save excursion does not work: the  cursor even jumps
outside the table.

Example

| Nombre     |   | Qual | Comment
                                        |
| Jim Miller |   |      | % Some very long text: UB:23.06.2011 Wrong: instead
of t use the third component of the vecto |
| John Smith |   |      | Not much

The wrap function does this
| Nombre     |   | Qual | Comment
     |
| Jim Miller |   |      | % Some very long text: UB:23.06.2011 Wrong:
     |
| John Smith |   |      | instead of t use the third component of the vecto Not
much |

Instead of