Re: [O] org-time-stamp loses repeater interval

From: Michael Brand
Subject: Re: [O] org-time-stamp loses repeater interval
Date: Fri, 24 Jun 2011 19:40:21 +0200

On Fri, Jun 24, 2011 at 18:01, Nick Dokos <address@hidden> wrote:
> Karl Voit <address@hidden> wrote:
>> Maybe there is a (to me at least hidden) feature behind the behavior
>> that org-time-stamp (C-c .) deletes any repeater information when
>> used to update a date stamp.

Same here with "DEADLINE: <2011-06-25 Sat +1w>"

> AFAIK, org-time-stamp creates a brand-new time stamp: it does not update
> an existing one. You can update the time stamp by just using ordinary
> Emacs command ("it's just text"), or you can put the cursor on various
> parts of the time stamp and do S-up, S-down (bound to org-shiftup and
> org-shiftdown resp.) to change that part.

If it is a DEADLINE or SCHEDULED you can also use "C-c C-d ." or "C-c
C-s ." as a workaround to preserve the repeater. Therefore I consider
loosing the repeater with just "C-c ." on any active timestamp, no
matter if a DEADLINE, SCHEDULED or not, a bug.

Michael