Re: [O] [babel] using #+call for inline results

From: Sebastien Vauban
Subject: Re: [O] [babel] using #+call for inline results
Date: Tue, 28 Jun 2011 10:04:01 +0200

Hi Erics and Christian,

Eric Schulte wrote:
> Thanks for sharing these issues, it appears I messed some functionality
> up with some of my recent changes.  I believe that I have fixed these
> issues.  The following examples should now all export as described.
>
> The following exports as a normal call line
> #+call: double(it=1)
>
> Now here is an inline call call_double(it=1) stuck in the middle of
> some prose.
>
> This one should not be exported =call_double(it=2)= because it is
> quoted.
>
> Finally this next one should export, even though it starts a line
> call_double(it=3) because sometimes inline blocks fold with a
> paragraph.
>
> And, a call with raw results call_double(4)[:results raw] should not
> have quoted results.
>
> Please let me know if you experience any more problems, and thanks for
> helping to get this sorted before the impending release!

I did test, and it seems to work for me with a Org pulled 30 mins ago:

    http://i.imgur.com/WhaVs.png

Well, I have many other problems with this version (such as speed commands not
working anymore, yasnippet expansion not working anymore on TAB, some files
which say they're not in Org-agenda-files, etc.) but that's another story.

About this, my only weirdness is that I had to confirm 12 times (yes, 12!)
that I wanted to execute the calls.

I have this in my emacs config file for months

        ;; don't be prompted on every code block evaluation
        (setq org-confirm-babel-evaluate nil)

... has this var become a local file variable?

Last thing: the questions in the echo area sometimes display the block name in
parentheses, sometimes not...

- "Evaluate this emacs-lisp code block (square) on your system? (yes or no)"
- "Evaluate this emacs-lisp code block on your system? (yes or no)"

Best regards,
  Seb

--
Sebastien Vauban