Re: [O] Make M-up and M-down transpose paragraphs in org buffers

From: Bastien
Subject: Re: [O] Make M-up and M-down transpose paragraphs in org buffers
Date: Tue, 28 Jun 2011 19:14:24 +0200

Hi Paul,

Paul Sexton <address@hidden> writes:

> By default, if used within ordinary paragraphs in org mode, M-up and M-down
> transpose *lines* (not sentences). This was not useful to me.

To me neither.

> The following
> code makes these keys transpose paragraphs, keeping the point at the start
> of the moved paragraph. Behaviour in tables and headings is unaffected. It
> would be easy to modify this to transpose sentences.

I like it, and have a patch to integrate this directly in org-metaup and
org-metadown.

There is one problem though: when you try to move down a paragraph when
it is followed by a list, Emacs doesn't understand the list should be
treated as a paragraph.

Any idea on how to circumvent this?  Or should we live with this and
implement the solution?

Thanks for this idea,

--
 Bastien