Re: [O] [babel] using #+call for inline results

From: Eric S Fraga
Subject: Re: [O] [babel] using #+call for inline results
Date: Wed, 29 Jun 2011 17:38:07 +0100

Eric Schulte <address@hidden> writes:

> Eric S Fraga <address@hidden> writes:

[...]

>> this was working on Friday but seems to have stopped working for me now
>> completely.  For instance, your snippet above exports as
>
> Hmm, have you updated Org-mode in the last hour/minutes, there have
> indeed been a number of changes recently.  I believe that the above
> should be working now, without requiring any special configuration.

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you: work sometimes interrupts
and, just to add a little excitement in my life, we had a major lighting
storm yesterday which blew out my home network!  :( But I can't
complain: a house down the street caught fire due to the same storm.
It's a lot cheaper and slightly less inconvenient to buy a new router
than rebuild a house...

In any case, everything seems to be working just fine now!

>> Also, I note from the comments that you expect the inline call to be
>> whitespace delimited.  I haven't tested this but, just in case, could I
>> request that the delimiting be either whitespace or punctuation?
>
> As this behaves currently there need only be whitespace _before_ the
> inline call line, not after, so most normal punctuation usage should
> work.

Yes, that's fine.  Thanks for the clarification!

[...]

>> There are cases where I would like the inline evaluation to be at the
>> end of a sentence, for instance, or even something like:
>

>>   25^2=call_square(it=25)
>>

> hmm, good example, so what set of characters should be allowed to prefix
> and postfix such a block?  For example, = before should export however =
> both before and after would be a literal example.

I don't know if you've done anything about this but I think it is
probably not worth worrying about these edge cases.  It probably opens
up a can of worms and requiring a white space before the inline call is
fine with me.

Thanks again,
eric
--
: Eric S Fraga (GnuPG: 0xC89193D8FFFCF67D) in Emacs 24.0.50.1
: using Org-mode version 7.5 (release_7.5.510.g56080)