Re: [O] partial-completion-mode error when refiling

From: Sebastien Vauban
Subject: Re: [O] partial-completion-mode error when refiling
Date: Thu, 30 Jun 2011 15:35:12 +0200

Hi Nick Dokos,

Nick Dokos wrote:
> Bastien <address@hidden> wrote:
>> "Sebastien Vauban" <address@hidden> writes:
>> > When I was trying to refile an extract of an email, I got this:
>> >
>> > Getting targets...done
>> > funcall: Symbol's function definition is void: partial-completion-mode
>>
>> thanks for reporting this -- this is indeed something wrong with the fix I
>> made to `org-without-partial-completion' (see my other message to Paul
>> Sexton).
>>
>> I reverted his patch so you won't see this error again.
>
> I'm not sure that't the problem though: the org-without-partial-completion
> macro is called in a couple of places, once in org-remember.el and twice in
> org.el.
>
> [...]
>
> In any case, this explicit call seems to be more problematic than the macro.
> After all that's what Seb hit.

I cannot give more information about that, except that the problem disappeared
in the last git pull. But, as you say, sometimes, real culprits can be
elsewhere...

Just to be complete, I also noticed a problem when giving a title to some
region I was capturing thru a template: SPC was not translated into a real
space, but tried to complete my word.

I could execute C-h k and see that SPC was bound to one of the
minibuffer-complete functions.

This has, as well, disappeared now. Related?

Best regards,
  Seb

--
Sebastien Vauban