Re: [O] Org-mode as a replacement for LaTeX (was: Fwd: Exporting latex w

From: chris . m . malone
Subject: Re: [O] Org-mode as a replacement for LaTeX (was: Fwd: Exporting latex without preamble)
Date: Thu, 30 Jun 2011 15:30:28 +0000

Hi Tom,

I've seen many of the examples you've added to the mailing list and worg. I also enjoy using Org-mode for writing my own documents and webpages - currently I'm using it to write my Ph.D. dissertation.

I'm curious how you work on Org-mode papers for publication with collaborators? In particular, do all of your collaborators know and use Org-mode themselves? Our current method is just to use ordinary LaTeX files in a CVS repository for collaboration. I think it would be difficult to get my collaborators to all use Org-mode - even though they all use emacs. Org-mode has quite a bit of a learning curve that they probably don't have the time or patience to learn currently.

Chris