Re: [O] [dev] footnotes improvements

From: Samuel Wales
Subject: Re: [O] [dev] footnotes improvements
Date: Mon, 4 Jul 2011 16:26:19 -0700

Hi Nicolas,

On 2011-06-30, Nicolas Goaziou <address@hidden> wrote:
> I think I have corrected a few glitches with font locking of inline
> footnotes. Your "a lot" makes me think it isn't enough yet, though...

They are really good now.

There was an interaction with comments and different extents were
colored within inline footnotes.  The first is fixed.  The second is
either very infrequent or fixed.

Single letters in normal text sometimes display the footnote face,
more around footnotes than in other places, but I have seen this type
of thing in other contexts than footnotes.  Sometimes simply the arrow
key changes the face.  I doubt it's worth trying to fix them unless
you know the display code.

Also, this isn't a glitch, but I wonder if it makes sense to turn off
mouse hover for inline definitions (not calls).  Clicking merely goes
to the beginning, removing the ability to place point.

Also, did we already talk about emphasis and link coloring and reject them?

These fixes are great.

Samuel

I support the Whittemore-Peterson Institute (WPI)
===
Bigotry against people with serious diseases is still bigotry.