Re: [O] Org Mode dedicated app on OS X

From: Stefan Vollmar
Subject: Re: [O] Org Mode dedicated app on OS X
Date: Tue, 05 Jul 2011 09:23:54 +0200

Dear Ken,

you could start with an Emacs-typical approach by editing your ~/.emacs-file so
that .org-files are automatically opened with org-mode, also adding any other
keyboard shortcuts you find useful, see

http://orgmode.org/guide/Activation.html#Activation

If you put this line into your .bashrc file:

alias e="open -a /Applications/Aquamacs.app/"

you can do this from the commandline:

e somefile.org

and it will be opened in Aquamacs (using an existing instance of Aquamacs if it
is already open - I find that I have Aquamacs open all the time).

One way of changing the icon is to copy Aquamacs.app, then using an icon editor
(e.g. the one from the Apple's Developer Kit). A simpler way is this:

http://support.apple.com/kb/ht2493

If you are thinking about a distribution-like approach (so it works
"out-of-the-box" for others) you would probably need to copy your changes to a

/Applications/Aquamacs.app/Contents/Resources/site-lisp

directory.

Hope this helps,
 Stefan

--