Re: [O] Links in tables and LaTeX export

From: Nick Dokos
Subject: Re: [O] Links in tables and LaTeX export
Date: Tue, 05 Jul 2011 19:26:34 -0400

Bernt Hansen <address@hidden> wrote:

> Nick Dokos <address@hidden> writes:
>
> > Thomas S. Dye <address@hidden> wrote:
> >
> >> I can confirm that the formerly broken links in my tables work with
> >> Org-mode version 7.5 (release_7.5.596.gea215).
> >>

> > I'm puzzled (and a bit worried about the integrity of my tree): I pulled
> > a short while ago and ''git describe HEAD'' says:
> >
> >       baseline-490-gde0fcdf
> >
> > so it seems I have an extra tag between release_7.5 and HEAD and
> > although I have no idea where it came from, it does not seem to be much
> > of a problem[fn:1], since I can get things relative to release_7.5:
> >
> >       $ git describe --long  --match release_7.5 HEAD
> >       release_7.5-579-gde0fcdf
> >
> > But why do I have 579 commits since then and you have 596 (and the HEADs
> > have different SHA1s)? Are you applying local mods? That would explain
> > the discrepancy in the commit count, as well as the discrepancy in the
> > SHA1, but if so, why isn't your version marked ``dirty''?
> >
> > Just trying to understand,
>
> Hi Nick,
>
> The tree is only marked 'dirty' if you have uncommitted changes in your
> working tree.  If other commits were merged in with master in their
> repository (ie. they made local commits and then did git pull which is
> fetch + merge on top of their local commits they'll have their commits
> in the history and it will change all of the subsequent SHA1s)

Ah, OK: for some reason, I thought "dirty" meant "not pristine" (and I guess
it does in some sense, but not here :-) ).

> I have the same tree as you - my current origin/master is
>
> address@hidden:~/git/org-mode$ git describe origin/master
> release_7.5-580-g301b345
> address@hidden:~/git/org-mode$ git describe origin/master^
> release_7.5-579-gde0fcdf
>
> and one commit before my current head is the same SHA1 that you have.
>
> So... your repository is good. :)

Phew!

> git describe will use the closest tag (in your case 'baseline'.  You
> can just remove the baseline tag from your repository if you don't want
> it.  If it's an exported tag in a repository you fetch from it will be
> recreated on a future fetch.  Maybe it came from some repository other
> than origin?

Maybe - or maybe I created it and I don't remember (so what's new?).
I guess I'll play whack-a-mole with it and see.

>From what I gather, Tom is getting additional merge commits every time
he pulls (which accounts for the extras and the different SHA1). I think
I used to have that problem, but I don't any more, and I don't remember
(so what's new?)  how it came about and/or I resolved it. Any ideas
about that? I may have just deleted the master branch and recreated it.

Thanks for checking and thanks for the pointers,
Nick