Re: [O] Calendar-like view of the org-agenda

From: SAKURAI Masashi
Subject: Re: [O] Calendar-like view of the org-agenda
Date: Thu, 07 Jul 2011 13:21:34 +0900

At Wed, 06 Jul 2011 09:16:32 +0200,
Tassilo Horn wrote:
> :
> Christopher Allan Webber <address@hidden> writes:
>
> Hi Christopher,
>
> > Also, cfw:open-org-calendar works, but things seem really slow... it
> > looks like you're recalculating the entire orgmode agenda for every
> > day.  I wonder if things could be sped up if the orgmode agenda was
> > calculated for the entire period all at once and then broke that up
> > into days?
>
> For me, creating a custom org agenda with the next 21 days takes not
> much less than building an calfw calendar buffer with 42 days.  It's
> about one second for the former and 2 seconds for the latter, so it
> seems calfw does the right thing.

Thank you for your confirming.

I implemented calfw-org with consultation of the code of
org-agenda-list. I think it is difficult to make the speed faster with
a simple way, the re-design of the whole org-agenda-list algorithm
seems to be needed, because the key function
org-agenda-get-day-entries requires only one date and the subsequent
dependent functions also are designed by the API.

> One thing which I'm currently missing is that the calfw entries gathered
> from org are missing the times (if that's specified using the 'time text
> property) and are sorted in an order I can't understand.  For example,
>  :

Yes. The current implementation, calfw sorts the items by alphabet,
i.e. string-less, in one date cell. This is intent to sort the items which
has time header like "10:00 meeting" "13:00 go to airport" "16:00 meeting".

It is not so difficult to add a customize of the sort criteria.
And you can try your custom summary format, modifying cfw:org-summary-format.
In the function, you can get the time value from the text property.