[O] Problems with search

From: Henri-Paul Indiogine
Subject: [O] Problems with search
Date: Thu, 07 Jul 2011 13:58:18 -0700

Greetings!

I am having a problem with the GNU Emacs search function that makes it
practically unusable.  I think that it is related to org-mode because of
the following lines in my *Messages* buffer:

Error in post-command-hook: (void-variable org-ans1)
nonincremental-search-forward: Search failed: "Apple   "
Error in post-command-hook: (void-variable org-ans1)
nonincremental-search-forward: Search failed: "Payne   "

Basically, I start search with C-s and then when I enter a string if it
includes 'n' or 'p' it interprets them as commands instead of characters
of the string.

E.g. "Apple" is accepts "A" then when I press "p" it starts a backward
search.

when I enter "n" it goes to the next match of the letters before 'n'.

I run the latest git version compiled daily.

Henri-Paul

--
Henri-Paul Indiogine
Email: address@hidden