Re: [O] org and microsoft exchange

From: Eric S Fraga
Subject: Re: [O] org and microsoft exchange
Date: Fri, 08 Jul 2011 10:02:54 +0100

Matthieu Lemerre <address@hidden> writes:

>> I have no idea what I will need to do!  I really am truly ignorant of
>> the whole MS world other than I know, if push comes to shove, I can
>> install cygwin and then Emacs when I have to... ;-)
>
> Actually, there are emacs binaries for win32 that work without needing
> cygwin.

thanks; but cygwin seems natural to install in conjunction with emacs as
I want bash et al. if I ever have to use Windows.  having said this,
it's been years since I have had to do this luckily (for me).

>> > For the record, here are some other things that I tried/maybe worth
>> > trying:
>> >
>> > - Davmail + thunderbird: allows accessing exchange mail and calendar and
>> >   syncinc with it, but did not manage to import org ics into that.
>> >
>> > - Evolution and the openexchange client may be other things to try.
>>
>> These two seem to imply using something other than Emacs for my email?
>> Or have I misunderstood?
>
> Openexchange is a command line tool to synchronize with an exchange
> server. But it is still incomplete, and I found it a nightmare to
> configure and use.
>
> Evolution is indeed another mail client, but my intent was to use it
> solely as a mean to synchronize the org mode ics file with the exchange
> calendar. Instead of using outlook for this...

Thanks for the explanation.

--
: Eric S Fraga (GnuPG: 0xC89193D8FFFCF67D) in Emacs 24.0.50.1
: using Org-mode version 7.6 (release_7.6.4.gf305a)