Re: [O] Syntax for tags-todo in org-agenda-custom-commands

From: Loris Bennett
Subject: Re: [O] Syntax for tags-todo in org-agenda-custom-commands
Date: Fri, 08 Jul 2011 15:40:47 +0200

Memnon Anon <address@hidden> writes:

>>> Did you look in the manual?  What is missing?
>>
>> I looked here
>>
>>    http://orgmode.org/manual/Block-agenda.html#Block-agenda
>>

> ,----[ C-h v org-agenda-custom-commands ]
> | match    What to search for:
> |           - a single keyword for TODO keyword searches
> !!]         - a tags match expression for tags searches [ !!
> |           - a word search expression for text searches.
> |           - a regular expression for occur searches
> |           For all other commands, this should be the empty string.
> `----
> =>
> ,----[ (info "(org)Matching tags and properties") ]
> | A search string can use Boolean operators `&' for AND and `|' for OR.
> | `&' binds more strongly than `|'.
> !!]  Parentheses are currently not implemented.  [!!
> |
> `----
>
> ("Z" "Test home"
>     ((agenda "")
>      (tags-todo "+home+project|+home+task")))
> ("Y" "Test work"
>     ((agenda "")
>      (tags-todo "+office+project|+office+task")))
>
> seems to work?
>
> Memnon

Thanks, I was just being a bit dopey. I had already woken up a bit and
come up with

(tags-todo "+office+CATEGORY=\"project\"|+office+CATEGORY=\"task\")

I think maybe I need to start a new thread some time about generally
approaches to using tags vs. categories. I am sure there must a few
fairly standard idioms that people are using.

Cheers

Loris
--
Dr. Loris Bennett (Mr.)