Re: [O] Don't ask, don't run

From: Eric Schulte
Subject: Re: [O] Don't ask, don't run
Date: Mon, 11 Jul 2011 11:51:06 -0600

Ken Williams <address@hidden> writes:

> Eric Schulte <schulte.eric <at> gmail.com> writes:
>
>> There is no way to customize `org-confirm-evaluate' to achieve this
>> behavior, however it can be accomplished through creative use of the
>> :eval header argument, by using the `org-export-current-backend'
>> variable to inhibit evaluation during export.
>>
>> #+begin_src emacs-lisp :eval (if org-export-current-backend "never"
>>  "yes") :exports results
>>   (message "launch missles")
>> #+end_src
>
> I see, thanks.  Since I'm new to this, can I confirm my understanding
> here?  It tests whether the 'org-export-current-backend' variable is
> set, which means we're currently exporting, and if so, we set the
> :eval argument to "never".  Otherwise we set it to "yes", which means
> evaluate it without asking.
>
> Assuming that understanding is correct, I have a couple of followup
> questions.
>
> 1) http://orgmode.org/manual/eval.html doesn't list the "yes" option,

OK, I've just updated this documentation.  There actually is no "yes"
option, a more clear version of my snippet above would have set :eval to
nil when not in export.  Any value of :eval which is no "never" or "no"
will result in the default behavior as determined by
org-confirm-babel-evaluate.

> 2) Is there a similar variable I might test to check whether it's currently
> doing an explicit C-c C-c action?  If there were, I might prefer
> something like :eval (if org-export-current-backend "never" (if
> org-doing-c-c-c-c "yes" "query")), so that I cover some other
> scenario besides export or C-c C-c.

hmm, I'm not sure... you could try `called-interactively-p' e.g.,

  (if (called-interactively-p 'interactive) "yes" "query")

> 3) Finally, is there a way to add this argument fanciness implicitly
> to *all* the source blocks in my file?  Or will it have to go on
> all of them?

Yes, place it in a #+Babel: line at the top of the file, see
http://orgmode.org/manual/Using-header-arguments.html

Best -- Eric

--
Eric Schulte