Re: [O] question about ODT export behavior

From: Jambunathan K
Subject: Re: [O] question about ODT export behavior
Date: Wed, 13 Jul 2011 22:25:37 +0530

Rainer Stengele <address@hidden> writes:

> Hi,
>
> having this in an org file:
> ----------------------------------
> * Test
> ** header 2
>    - item 1
>      * subitem 11
>      * subitem 12
>    - item 2
>      * subitem 21
>      * subitem 22
> ----------------------------------

Could you please post your complete #+OPTIONS line - specifically the
`H: ' and `toc: ' option?

How exactly are you exporting - Are you exporting the file, a subtree,
region etc etc?

What interactive command are you using for export?

> and exporting to ODT I get (I simply copied the Org doc contents via
> clipboard) I get this:
>
> ----------------------------------
> Test
> Table of Contents
> 1. header 2
> 1.  header 2
> item 1
>
> subitem 11
>
> subitem 12
>
> item 2
>
> subitem 21
>
> subitem 22
> ----------------------------------
>
> Why do I get extra lines between the items and subitems?

This is beacause there is an explicit line break at the end of the list
items.

If you open content.xml and remove the <text:line-break/> and save the
buffer, does the altered odt file match your expectations.

If you export the above outline with the same settings, does the HTML
exporter also introduce <br/> at the end of the list items?

odt exporter is a derived from the html exporter and mimics the HTML
exporter mindlessly. I believe the line breaks can be removed.

Once I get the relevant details from you I can post a patch after a
closer look.