[O] babel work flow

From: Thomas S. Dye
Subject: [O] babel work flow
Date: Wed, 13 Jul 2011 13:09:09 -1000

Aloha all,

I want to use one of the dot utilities, tred, in a way that preserves my
ability to distribute the Org-mode file as reproducible research, i.e.,
intermediate results should end up in the Org-mode file or be passed
along in a chain.

Right now I have a python routine that reads a couple of Org-mode tables
and outputs a valid dot graph.  I'm saving this to a file, dot-temp.gv,
and then running some shell commands, like this:

#+begin_src sh
  tred dot-temp.gv > test.gv
  dot -o test.pdf -Tpdf test.gv
  open test.pdf
#+end_src

The graph is just what I want, but I can't see how to automate the
process in Org-mode.  In particular, the tred step trips me up.  Do I
have to make babel, tred-aware?

Tom
--
T.S. Dye & Colleagues, Archaeologists
735 Bishop St, Suite 315, Honolulu, HI 96813