[O] breaking URLs

From: Henri-Paul Indiogine
Subject: [O] breaking URLs
Date: Fri, 15 Jul 2011 13:21:04 -0700

Greetings!

My goal is to export an orgmode file to LaTeX and then compile to PDF.

My orgmode file contains many URLs. What is the best way to have them
break?   A simple URL in the orgmode file will not break.  if I place
the URL in  \url{my url}  it is exported as

\url{[[my url]] [[my url]]}   however the URL is nicely split to the
next line in the pdf.

if I use \href{my url} then the LaTeX file does not compile and gives
the following error message:

ERROR: pdfTeX error (ext1): \pdfendlink cannot be used in vertical mode.

--- TeX said ---
address@hidden ->address@hidden \pdfendlink

Any advise?

Thanks,