Re: [O] Thesaurus terms as org tags -- feature request

From: John Tait
Subject: Re: [O] Thesaurus terms as org tags -- feature request
Date: Tue, 19 Jul 2011 21:28:19 +0100

Achim

Let's work it through.

Let's say we have a large publishing project with lots of tags.

Some (not all) of the tags are in tag groups.

#+TAGGROUP: :characteristic: :colour:mass:material:
#+TAGGROUP: :colo(u)r: :red:green:blue:
#+TAGGROUP: :red: :crimson:scarlet:brick:

Our ungrouped tags are unrelated things like :name: and :event:.

Exporting tag :colour: would export :red: :crimson: :scarlet: :brick:
:green: and :blue:.

Would it be useful to include :characteristic:? I'd say yes, as an option.

John

Bastien <address@hidden> writes:
> #+TAGGROUP: :colour: :red:green:
>
> in such a way that:
>
> 1. searches for :red: will continue to display entries with :red:
> 2. searches for :colour: will display entries with :red: and/or :green:
>
> Would this be useful already?

If I've read the OP correctly, this should be (optionally?) transitive,
i.e. searches for :red: should also return entries with just :color:.

Regards,
Achim.