[O] org-edit-file ?

From: Dov Grobgeld
Subject: [O] org-edit-file ?
Date: Wed, 20 Jul 2011 17:26:37 +0300

I just thought of an idea that I wonder if someone has implemented.

While writing my journal I find myself wanting to insert a graphics file, e.g. a svg file and I write file:foo.svg . After having written the name I  enter inkscape to create the contents of the file. To do that I have to run inkscape manually and eventually doing saveas and navigate to the correct directory to save the file. So my idea is to have a a new command org-edit-file that would:
Does something like this already exists?

Regards,
Dov