Re: [O] References in Latex

From: suvayu ali
Subject: Re: [O] References in Latex
Date: Tue, 26 Jul 2011 03:24:14 +0200

Hi Aditya,

On Tue, Jul 26, 2011 at 2:56 AM, Aditya Mandayam <address@hidden> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> So when exporting from .org to LaTeX-PDF, I would like the references
> to show up at the bottom. This does not happen currently. Why is it
> so?

When you say references, do you mean references within the document or
citations to external sources? And when you say bottom, do you mean at
the end of the document or as a footnote?

Internal references (using \ref{..}) (e.g. to figures, tables,
equations) are shown just fine here. Whereas for external citations
(using \cite{..}), it is customary to list them in a bibliography. You
need to use the bibtex command to achieve that.

> PS: Gleaned from
> http://tincman.wordpress.com/2011/01/04/research-paper-management-with-emacs-org-mode-and-reftex/

That article is rather old. Everything might not work as described.

Hope my comments help.

--
Suvayu