Re: [O] References in Latex

From: Aditya Mandayam
Subject: Re: [O] References in Latex
Date: Mon, 25 Jul 2011 21:33:35 -0400

On Mon, Jul 25, 2011 at 9:24 PM, suvayu ali <address@hidden> wrote:
> Hi Aditya,
>
> On Tue, Jul 26, 2011 at 2:56 AM, Aditya Mandayam <address@hidden> wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> So when exporting from .org to LaTeX-PDF, I would like the references
>> to show up at the bottom. This does not happen currently. Why is it
>> so?
>>

> When you say references, do you mean references within the document or
> citations to external sources? And when you say bottom, do you mean at
> the end of the document or as a footnote?

I mean citations to external sources (papers, web pages etc) at the
end of the document.

> Internal references (using \ref{..}) (e.g. to figures, tables,
> equations) are shown just fine here. Whereas for external citations
> (using \cite{..}), it is customary to list them in a bibliography. You
> need to use the bibtex command to achieve that.

does this mean running bibtex on the tex file again?

incidentally, i used to run rubber with xelatex using the following
commented line at the top of my tex files:

% rubber: set program xelatex

now, upon looking at the tex file generated by org, i added the above
line and ran rubber again on the tex file, and the bibliography came
out just fine.

is this expected? to massage the tex generated by org? or am i seeing
it wrong and it is assumed that i have a tex file in the first place?