Re: [O] How to filter by tag/todo in AGENDA VIEW

From: Matt Lundin
Subject: Re: [O] How to filter by tag/todo in AGENDA VIEW
Date: Mon, 25 Jul 2011 21:34:49 -0500

"Mark S" <address@hidden> writes:

> Yes, I know you can make customized views, but I could find nothing in
> the documentation showing how to customize the AGENDA view. In the
> documentation, there are example of how to use the various type
> functions, but none for the agenda type function. There must be some
> options that go with it, or some way to tell it what TODOs you want to
> see.
>
> The closest thing to an example is this:
>
>  (agenda "")
>
> Hmm. What goes inside of ""?

Nothing. The "" corresponds to the match slot within a custom agenda
command. With todo and tags searches will search for a match, the agenda
does not.

> I know how to filter inside the TODO list, but I can't seem to find
> how your filter inside of the agenda view. Is there a way? In
> particular, I want to filter out all the TODO keyword items so I can
> see just the non-todo schedules and deadlines.

You can use org-agenda-skip-function. See:

(info "(org) Special agenda views")

For the scenario above, you could use:

(org-add-agenda-custom-command
 '("x" "Agenda without todos" agenda ""
   ((org-agenda-skip-function '(org-agenda-skip-entry-if 'todo 'todo)))))

Best,
Matt