Re: [O] Question about org-search-view and org-occur-in-agenda-files

From: suvayu ali
Subject: Re: [O] Question about org-search-view and org-occur-in-agenda-files
Date: Tue, 26 Jul 2011 11:50:23 +0200

Hi Matt,

On Tue, Jul 26, 2011 at 5:09 AM, Matt Lundin <address@hidden> wrote:
>> Custom agenda commands do not support prompting for search phrases.
>
> The following custom agenda command offers a prompt:

> (org-add-agenda-custom-command
>  '("x" "Search special files" search ""
>   ((org-agenda-files '("~/special/")))))

Yes, that was one of my misconceptions from my reading of the
org-agenda-custom-commands docs. The docs say:

[...]

match    What to search for:
          - a single keyword for TODO keyword searches
          - a tags match expression for tags searches
          - a word search expression for text searches.
          - a regular expression for occur searches
          For all other commands, this should be the empty string.

And the following example is given,

       (search "match" settings files)

I erroneously assumed the string cannot be an empty string until I read
the article on Worg. I also realised I can use let to set any variable
to whatever I need and wrap around any of the search functions. I can
then have prompts for any kind of search with these. Thanks everyone for
pointing me in the right direction. :)

> Best,
> Matt

Thanks,