Re: [O] breaking URLs

From: Bastien
Subject: Re: [O] breaking URLs
Date: Tue, 26 Jul 2011 13:24:21 +0200

Henri-Paul Indiogine <address@hidden> writes:

> Hi Bastien!
>
> 2011/7/18 Bastien <address@hidden>:
>>> the URL in  \url{my url}  it is exported as
>>>
>>> \url{[[my url]] [[my url]]}   however the URL is nicely split to the
>>> next line in the pdf.
>>
>> I would welcome ideas/code to have more flexibility wrt the way urls
>> are handled by the LaTeX exporter.
>
> If there would be a way of having the URL in orgmode be exported to
> LaTeX as \url{my url} without the square brackets and the repetition
> that would be all that is necessary for me.  I have no idea why the
> LaTeX exporter add the brackets and duplicates the link.

You want to customize `org-export-latex-href-format'.

This variable used to make two "%s" mandatory, to insert both the link
and its path.  You can now use only one "%s" if you want, since latest
git commit.

  (setq org-export-latex-href-format "\url{%s}")

will do what you want.

Thanks for bringing this up!

--
 Bastien