[O] making coloured tables

From: Andras Major
Subject: [O] making coloured tables
Date: Wed, 27 Jul 2011 17:33:38 +0200

Hi there,

I'm really intrigued by org-mode's table and spreadsheet functionality
and would like to use it for those cases where I found excel and
gnumeric impractically cumbersome.

What I want are two slightly diffent things:

- Make tables that have cells with individual background colours when
exported as HTML or PDF.

- Make tables that have cells with background colours and typeface
details (bold, italic, etc.) based on contents of either the cells
themselves or other cells in the table. (Example: mark all negative
numerical values of a table with a red background.)

Furthermore, the colouring should be portable, i.e. independent of the
settings in .emacs.

Is this possible with org-mode?

Thanks,

  AndrĂ¡s