Re: [O] Development workflow

From: Bastien
Subject: Re: [O] Development workflow
Date: Thu, 28 Jul 2011 09:26:23 +0200

Hi Marcelo,

Jambunathan K <address@hidden> writes:

> You don't have to compile your elisp files at all and as a developer I
> would even venture to say you shouldn't.

I also recommend not compiling your .el files, you will have more
useful debug traces (setq edebug-on-error t).

I would suggest reading the documentation of Edebug in the Elisp info
file.  M-x edebug-defun RET on functions will let you go through the
functions' evaluation step by step and understand better what they do
right (and wrong).

Also, please use git branches and send patch with git format-patch.

If you have comments about the code while reading through, please
share them freely -- a longstanding wish of mine is to organize a
live code review with core Org hackers:

http://scientopia.org/blogs/goodmath/2011/07/06/things-everyone-should-do-code-review/

Good luck!

--