Re: [O] cleaning all the #+results from an org document

From: suvayu ali
Subject: Re: [O] cleaning all the #+results from an org document
Date: Thu, 28 Jul 2011 13:58:46 +0200

Hi Stephen,

On Thu, Jul 28, 2011 at 1:41 PM, Stephen Eglen
<address@hidden> wrote:

>> If you don't want the results to be produced at all, you can always use
>> the babel header option[1] :results silent.
>
> Thanks Suvayu, I'm gradually learning about all the various ways output
> can be exported vs shown in the org buffer.  Am I right in understanding
> that :results silent just affects whether or not output is written into
> the .org buffer, not whether it is exported or not (e.g. into html?)

Since I don't know what you are trying to achieve, I'll take a guess.

You wish babel to evaluate the source block and export the results. If
so, then I am afraid the results will be present in the buffer. If
however you only want the source block for fontification and don't
want it to be evaluated, you could try my solution or even better
would be what Seb suggested. However if you wish babel to evaluate the
block but suppress the results, then you should use my suggestion.

The export preferences can be controlled by :exports header. These are
all documented in detail in the manual (referenced in my earlier
email).

> Stephen

Hope this helps.

--