Re: [O] Bug: Tag set in agenda need a refresh to be used in a filter [7.

From: Matt Lundin
Subject: Re: [O] Bug: Tag set in agenda need a refresh to be used in a filter [7.4]
Date: Thu, 28 Jul 2011 10:19:31 -0500

Hi Bastien,

Bastien <address@hidden> writes:

> Nicolas Dudebout <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> When filtering with a tag that was just added, the result is not as
>> expected.
>>
>> * Steps *
>> 1 - Go in the agenda view.
>> 2 - Attach a tag <T> to an entry <E>.
>> 3 - Filter using tag <T>.
>> (4 - Refresh the view)
>>
>> * Expected behavior *
>> by doing steps 1-3, entry <E> should appear in the filtered output.
>>
>> * Actual behavior*
>> step 4 is needed to have entry <E> appear.

I would suggest that this *is* the expected behavior. The cost of
refreshing the agenda is relatively expensive - it should not be done on
each filter.

If we do want to update the agenda after a tag change, then perhaps we
could update the text properties for the line

> This is now fixed in git repo, thanks!

This has the undesirable consequence of slowing down filtering by
triggering an agenda request.

Best,
Matt