[O] Largest org file you have + performance

From: Marcelo de Moraes Serpa
Subject: [O] Largest org file you have + performance
Date: Mon, 1 Aug 2011 11:35:52 -0500

Hey list,

What's the largest orgmode file you have, and what's the performance you get while manipulating/navigating it? Mine is a 5k lines file called reference.org, and I basically keep all kind of notes and attachments there. It's a bit slow to navigate on my Emacs 240.50.1, orgmode 7.4, although still usable. I'm just afraid that it will keep getting slower with time at the point of being unusable inside emacs+orgmode. I'm curious if there are users with larger orgmode files and what their experience is, and open to suggestions on how to improve performance.

Cheers,

Marcelo.