Re: [O] Gather properties for use by babel source block?

From: tcburt
Subject: Re: [O] Gather properties for use by babel source block?
Date: Wed, 3 Aug 2011 14:35:27 +0000

Hello Darlan ---

---- "address@hidden" <address@hidden> wrote:
> I have not used it myself, but isn't org-collector exactly what you want [1].
> "org-collector collects headline properties into tables with optional
> pre-processing"

Indeed org-collector has allowed me to extract properties into a table, and
even without much knowledge of lisp (for the conditions) the results were
promising.

> Once you have a table, you can easily pass it to code blocks for further
> processing with org-babel.

While I have the table from org-collector I do not know how to "easily pass it
to code blocks".  I have an (untested) idea that if #+tblname preceded the
table from org-collector, then a babel source block could operate on it.  If
this works then almost all is well and good, except for the small detail of
getting the #+tblname automatically from the org-collector process.

Thank you for the response,
Tim