Re: [O] Converting from OmniFocus to org-mode

From: Jambunathan K
Subject: Re: [O] Converting from OmniFocus to org-mode
Date: Sat, 06 Aug 2011 16:05:49 +0530

> A section of the stack trace is at the end of this email.

Crash is really in core Emacs (re-display engine may be?) triggered by
Org related things.

It is worth disabling font-lock in Org buffers. I am not sure whether
that would prevent you from making use of any of the Org features.

If you could bisect the Org file and narrow down the crash to a smaller
example file that would be wonderful. Can you give us an idea of number
of scheduled entries per day and how many months they typically span. I
know Org uses cache so may be the performance hit is one time only. May
be there could be a script that populates the cache as part of first
step in the migration process.

Btw, I find the use of "theoretically" a bit inconsistent in your
email. As a developer myself, I wouldn't go to the extent of a writing a
migration assistant just to reap purely "theoretical" benefits. Surely I
am nitpicking here.

Jambunathan K.