Re: [O] Unicode and Latex export

From: suvayu ali
Subject: Re: [O] Unicode and Latex export
Date: Sun, 7 Aug 2011 18:50:34 +0200

Hi Florian,

On Sun, Aug 7, 2011 at 6:33 PM, Florian Beck <address@hidden> wrote:
>> My lisp is not very good, but what is the need for such an extensive
>> setup? Isn't setting org-latex-to-pdf-process to xelatex enough to
>> switch packends?
>
> It is, more or less. XeLaTeX needs a different header, that is what the
> instructions set up. However, I would recommend keeping it simple and
> put your packages etc in your own style file.
>
> In `org-export-latex-classes', replace
>
>         "\\documentclass[11pt]{article}"
>
> with
>
>         "[NO-DEFAULT-PACKAGES]
>         \\documentclass[11pt]{article}\n\\usepackage{myxe}"
>
> and put everything you need in myxe.sty.

That is a good solution. I think I will consider this.

> BTW, this only works if you use a font that provides all the characters
> you need (and looks nice enough for your taste).

I don't usually customise my fonts and go with the default latex
fonts. Do you have any suggestions what fonts that would be
appropriate here? I tried using XITS, but that didn't help.

> Alternatively, you could
> use `org-export-latex-final-hook' and write a function that translates
> unicode characters to latex code.

I have considered this, but as I mentioned I am not well versed in
lisp. Going this route might be more fun, but not good for work. ;)

Thanks,

--
Suvayu