Re: [O] Refiling list items

From: Jeff Horn
Subject: Re: [O] Refiling list items
Date: Mon, 8 Aug 2011 18:35:01 -0400

Thanks to Florian for sharing code. Nicolas, I still think this is a
bug. I don't doubt extending org-refile would be messy. It's above my
head, and I realize I'm asking a lot from anyone that would tackle
this for me, but I still think its a bug. Your workaround sounds
exactly like what org-refile is designed to avoid. Quoting the manual:

,----[ http://orgmode.org/manual/Refiling-notes.html#Refiling-notes ]
| When reviewing the captured data, you may want to refile some of the
| entries into a different list, for example into a project. Cutting,
| finding the right location, and then pasting the note is
| cumbersome. To simplify this process, you can use the following
| special command:
`----

Of course, I can keep working for now, and I'll try Florian's code.
Maybe it might be adaptable to a robust function called
'org-refile-list-item'? Thanks for listening!

Jeff

--
Jeffrey Horn
http://www.failuretorefrain.com/jeff/