Re: [O] Merge org-7.7 into emacs

From: Eric Schulte
Subject: Re: [O] Merge org-7.7 into emacs
Date: Tue, 09 Aug 2011 08:26:48 -0400

Hi,

suvayu ali <address@hidden> writes:

> Hi,
>
> On Sun, Aug 7, 2011 at 7:54 PM, Memnon Anon
> <address@hidden> wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> Just a heads up:
>>
>>       http://permalink.gmane.org/gmane.emacs.devel/142944
>>
>> I don't know anything about this, but maybe something can be said/done
>> about it while Bastien enjoys his vacation?
>>

> I see my name in there. I only submitted a small (touching less than 20
> lines) documentation patch[1]. Would I still need to sign the copyright
> assignment? If so, how do I initiate the process?

I believe 10 lines is the cutoff for whether a patch may be considered
"tiny" and thus whether it requires copyright attribution to the FSF.
I'm not sure if the same rules apply to documentation patches as to code
patches.

If you are willing to complete the FSF attribution process that would be
ideal and would cover you for any future contributions.  The steps are
described at.

--
Eric Schulte
http://cs.unm.edu/~eschulte/