Re: [O] [babel] Expertise in string manipulation available?

From: Nick Dokos
Subject: Re: [O] [babel] Expertise in string manipulation available?
Date: Wed, 10 Aug 2011 18:17:04 -0400

Sebastien Vauban <address@hidden> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> #+TITLE:     String manipulation
>
> * Data
>
> #+tblname: list-of-couples
> | Me           | @Here  |
> | Myself and I | @There |
>
> * Successful outcome
>
> I expect the above table to be transformed to those lines:
>
> #+begin_example
> ---
> Me
> @Here
> ---
> Myself and I
> @There
> #+end_example

I can do it easily in python except that I don't know how to produce the
#+begin/end_example block.
My results are preceded by colons:

* Data

#+tblname: list-of-couples
| Me           | @Here  |
| Myself and I | @There |

#+begin_src python :var table=list-of-couples :exports code :results output
:tangle no
  for row in table:
      print "---"
      for i in range(len(row)):