Re: [O] [bug] org-inlinetask produces invalid xhtml

From: Nicolas Goaziou
Subject: Re: [O] [bug] org-inlinetask produces invalid xhtml
Date: Thu, 11 Aug 2011 12:23:06 +0200

Hello,

Jambunathan K <address@hidden> writes:

> 1. When org-inlinetask is NOT LOADED, inline tasks are treated as
>    regular headlines and are listified. (The "END" of inlinetask appears
>    as listified headline though)

which will happen when the buffer holds inline tasks without them being
loaded (but I give him an excuse as inline tasks are completely
undocumented).

> 2. If inlinetask is LOADED, the exporter could check the headline level
>    against org-inlinetask-min-level and take the following actions:
>
>    - Continue to generate listified entries for inline tasks but
>      surround them with <div class="inlinetask"> ... </div> entries.
>
>    - Strip the "END" list item from being generated
>
> I think org-inlinetask-export-handler could be reduced to
> 1. removing the inlinetask when org-inlinetask-export is nil
> 2. stripping the inlinetask of drawers etc etc.
>
> (Queestions: Does the org-inlinetask-export-handler treat nested
> inline tasks well? Btw, Is nesting of inline tasks "legitimate" to
> begin with? )

As far as I can tell, inline tasks are not designed to be nested.

> I am sure html and odt exporters can take care of inlinetask purely
> during post-processing and do away with templates altogether.

Templates are fine as long as inline tasks are not loaded by default. If
this changes, I agree there are better ways to handle them (one being
what you explain above).

But, a few weeks ago, Bastien suggested to think again inline tasks. So,
that might not happen soon.

> I am not sure about LaTeX exporter though.
>
> What do you & others think? Let me work on a patch from odt/html side of
> things.

What I think is that, for now, we just should keep the existing facility
and implement a working default template for HTML (and a new one for
ODT).

Regards,

--
Nicolas Goaziou