Re: [O] [bug] org-inlinetask produces invalid xhtml

From: Jambunathan K
Subject: Re: [O] [bug] org-inlinetask produces invalid xhtml
Date: Fri, 12 Aug 2011 02:08:44 +0530

> What I think is that, for now, we just should keep the existing facility
> and implement a working default template for HTML (and a new one for
> ODT).

I am attaching the patch and sample org/odt/doc/html files.

I have used the css style suggested by Suvayu Ali for inlinetask (but
with an yellow background). I have used text boxes for odt export [1].

Jambuanthan K.

Footnotes:

[1] Initially I wanted to use Comments/Annotations for inlinetasks but
thanks to Suvayu's notings I have changed my mind.

1. It shows up in margin which has limited space. So the inline tasks
   have to be really small for pretty output.
2. Even though the spec says that <office:annotation>
   ... </office:annotation> can contain lists, LibreOffice render them
   lists/list-items as insipid paragraphs.
3. Body text in office annotations doesn't honor custom styles. It
   honors only automatic styles. (This seems more like a LibreOffice
   issue)

[2] Note that one can navigate just the Text Frames from within
LibreOffice UI and also create an index entry for it.

inlinetask

Table of Contents

1 TODO A regular todo    boring

This is a regular todo.

2 Some topic    colorful

blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah

TODO A simple inline task:

continue blah continue blah continue blah continue blah continue blah continue blah continue blah continue blah continue blah continue blah continue blah continue blah continue blah continue blah continue blah continue blah

TODO An inline task with extra notes
  1. note1 note1 note1 note1 note1 note1 note1 note1 note1 note1 note1 note1 note1 note1
  2. note2 note2 note2 note2 note2 note2 note2 note2 note2 note2 note2 note2 note2

again continue blah again continue blah again continue blah again continue blah again continue blah again continue blah again continue blah again continue blah again continue blah again continue blah again continue blah again continue blah

Date: 2011-08-12 01:43:06

Author: Jambunathan K

Org version 7.7 with Emacs version 24

Validate XHTML 1.0