Re: [O] xemacs error when calling org-install

From: Michael Sperber
Subject: Re: [O] xemacs error when calling org-install
Date: Sun, 14 Aug 2011 13:21:23 +0200

"Sebastien Vauban"
<address@hidden> writes:

> Hi Volker and David,
>
> David Maus wrote:
>> At Wed, 08 Dec 2010 10:06:19 +0100, Dr. Volker Zell wrote:
>>> Under xemacs when calling the following from org-mode-7.3 I get:
>>>
>>> (require 'org-install)  -> Wrong number of arguments: custom-autoload, 3
>>>
>>> This is because xemacs defines custom-autoload only with two arguments:
>>>
>>> `custom-autoload' is a compiled Lisp function
>>>   -- loaded from
>>> "/misc/src/release/xemacs-21.5.28-3/src/xemacs-21.5.28/lisp/custom.elc"
>>> (custom-autoload SYMBOL LOAD)
>>>
>>> Documentation:
>>> Mark SYMBOL as autoloaded custom variable and add dependency LOAD.
>>
>> This is a problem, indeed: The autoloads in org-install.el are
>> generated by the Makefile (i.e. make org-install.el).  The stable
>> version of Org mode ships with a pre-generated org-install.el and
>> without recreating this file with Xemacs it won't run.
>>
>> The =custom-autoload= is created only once for ob-tangle.el:
>
> I've tried to run my .emacs against XEmacs, and ran into the same problem.
>
> 1. Is nobody using XEmacs with Org-mode or
> 2. am I missing something big?

I'm definitely using XEmacs with org-mode, but I usually lag behind a
little bit.  The problem you're citing seems to be gone, but there are
still a number of nits XEmacs runs into when trying to run the current
org-mode.  I'm testing my current set of patches, which I'll submit as
soon as things work satisfactorily.  Let me know if you want them in
advance.

--
Cheers =8-} Mike