Re: [O] Reg: Publishing in html using property tags

From: Bodhi
Subject: Re: [O] Reg: Publishing in html using property tags
Date: Mon, 15 Aug 2011 13:44:06 +0530

Dear Puneeth,
The org-mode link works magically. Thanks!
But the same doesn't work for the generated html page.
The pages get built, and the ID gets created, the html href contains that unique ID, but the browser is unable to load foo.html from the link in bar.html.

Did you get any success on that front? Any ideas? I'm running org-mode 7.4.

On Mon, Aug 15, 2011 at 12:39 PM, Puneeth Chaganti <address@hidden> wrote:
Hi Bodhi,

On Mon, Aug 15, 2011 at 9:20 AM, Bodhi <address@hidden> wrote:
> Hi Puneeth,
> Let us assume I have two files: foo.org and bar.org.
> foo.bar contains:
> :PROPERTIES:
> :CUSTOM_ID: testing
> :END:
>
> bar.org contains
> [[CUSTOM_ID:testing]]
>
> Now, I wish to click on bar.org's link, and it should open up the file
> foo.org. Is there a way to do so? To be more specific, I wish to put any
> link without any relative or absolute addressing, and I should still be able
> to jump to links, using some kind of invisible data base which org-mode
> uses. And I wish to convert it to html for publishing these documents, using
> the htmlize.el by Niksic.

To be able to do this, you should let org-mode create a universal ID
for the heading that you want to link to.  The following steps should
help you do this.

1. Make sure you have the org-id module loaded.
  : (require 'org-id)
2. In the file foo.org, go to the first heading (presuming that's the
  heading you want to link to).
3. Call the function =org-store-link=.
  : M-x org-store-link
4. Go to the location in bar.org, where you want to insert the link.
5. Call the function =org-insert-link=.
  : M-x org-insert-link
  Use the arrow keys to select the link you want to insert, from the
  list.

HTH,
Puneeth

--